There are thousands of problems that your computer could have, from an endless list of possible error messages to various hardware failures. Most of those problems might have several possible causes as well. The problems most computer users encounter are common errors and failures, seen by countless others.
Following are the list of 5 Common Problems:-
- Computer won’t turn on or simply show no picture
If you are experiencing such problem, there some things that you can do:
- Make sure that the power cable is plugged into a working outlet.
- Try using another power cable if you have.
- Check and make sure that the power button isn’t stuck.
- If the monitor has a power indicator light ON, but you still don’t have any picture, check make sure the video cable is connected to the CPU.
- Try starting the PC in “Safe Mode”. Set the display setting if necessary, then again Restart.
- Blue Screen Error
- Technically this error is known as STOP error, where you see a blue screen with ‘dies’ written on it.
- Start your PC using Last Known Good Configuration.
- By using System restore, you can undo recent system changes.
- Updating hardware drivers.
- Reseat all internal data and power cables.
- Page Not Found Error- 404 Error
This error means that whatever page you tried to reach on the Internet isn’t there. To fix this:
- Retry the webpage either manually or by pressing F5.
- Check for errors in URL, whether you type the correct web address or not.
- Clear your browser’s cache.
- Change the DNS servers.
- Keyboard or Mouse stop working
- If the devices have USB connection, disconnect all the devices and then reconnect them.
- Try connecting them on different USB ports.
- Try restarting your computer, sometime this helps.
- Try updating the USB drivers.
- Windows Start button is gone
- Hover your pointer around the area where the task bar was. If it reappears, right click the task bar and unselect “Auto-hide task bar”.
- Press the “Window Key” to access “Start Menu”.
- If the task bar has moved, drag and drop it from its current location back to where you want it to be.